Monday, July 16, 2012

The Fiddler, by Beverly Lewis

I love reading Amish Fiction and Beverly Lewis is one of my favorite authors in that genre. The Fiddler is her latest book, the first in her series entitled Home to Hickory Hollow.

The Fiddler is a bit different than many other Amish Fiction books that I've read,  portraying how the English and Amish worlds collide, yet still complement each other in modern times.





English concert violinist Amelia (who transitions into Amy when playing the less dignified fiddle), and Amish-born Michael both struggle with who they are and where they belong in their respective worlds.  Lewis introduces the characters and their trials in a most realistic way, so that you feel what they are going through.  I was drawn in and became a part of their lives and, like any friend, wanted to offer advice and a shoulder to lean on as they weighed choices that would alter their lives forever.

This trailer gives you just a taste of what you'll find inside the pages of this book.





In my opinion, The Fiddler is one of Beverly's best works, and I'm anxious for the second book in the Home to Hickory Hollow series, The Bridesmaid , due to be released in September 2012, but available for pre-order now by clicking the link.  I'll be picking that one up as soon as it hits the shelves.  Here's a sneak peek book trailer:






If you enjoy Amish/Christian Fiction, anything with the name Beverly Lewis is worth a read.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book by one of my favorite authors. I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know that you stopped by, and if you have a favorite genre of book that you'd like me to find deals for, shout it out!